Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


On Thanksgiving morning while Anne took a shower, Jonah and I talked about what it means to be thankful. And never in my life have I felt gratitude and grace fill me so completely. We had a tearful talk about how scared I was when she was in the hospital, and how grateful and thankful I am for her amazing recovery and her presence in our home and in our lives. Every now and then Anne and I look at each other, and look at her and say, "We have a daughter." It is still sinking in.

We spent our holiday at home. Our friends Megan and Jonathan joined us for a quiet day of delicious food and conversation. It was lovely. Anne and I each got to do some cooking, so you know that things are starting to get back to normal at our house.


Check out the spread.

Like her parents, Jonah is thankful for the crooning of Rufus Wainwright. She gave thanks in her tribute onesie (courtesy of an afternoon craft project by Dad and Aunt Abby).

Some more photos of baby love. (Thanks for the photos, Megan! As always.)

4 comments:

Tey Meadow said...

That is one unbearably gorgeous child. We are filled with happiness for the two of you!

Hannah said...

Dude, though, is that an animal-themed bib I spy on your baby?

The Bonfiglio Family said...

I love the turkey bib!!

Abby said...

Hey Anne and Eric, just wanted to say congrats on baby Jonah! She already has so much character and I love looking at the pics!!!!